If you are… Accountable. Confident. Competitive. Ambitious. Detail Oriented. Relentlessly Eager. Performance Driven. Read on!
At Videon, a PM translates the needs of customers to engineering requirements while balancing the order of requirements against a positive business case for go-to-market strategies. This requires evaluating input from external sources, such as market direction, technology movement and customer needs, along with internal sources, including business development, marketing, engineering, quality and manufacturing, and creating requirements documents that describe the use case, expected performance characteristics and user interface.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to delivery.
- Drive product roadmap and development schedule based on company’s strategic goals and understanding of both internal and external factors.
- Scrum product owner. This includes defining product vision and being a key player in planning, refining, reviewing the sprint details.
- Creation and refinement of specifications, use case documents and user persona’s
- Transition product road map concepts to product requirement documents that encompass function, usage, and performance.
- Complete and implement new product instruction sheets, testing parameters, specifications and other required documentation for new products.
- Establish relationships with our customers to have a strong knowledge of the company executives and decision makers, market direction, technical evolution and who their end users are and the application of the products. These relationships will enable anticipation of the customer needs.
- Work with and assist project management with resource assignment and development and execution of the project/product game plan. Prioritization of needs (time, budget, scope)
- Assist Engineering with problem solving and removing blocks.
- Having the ability to professionally say NO to random requests as they come in or be able to negotiate what would be deprioritized to accommodate requests.
- Support internal departments, vendors and external customers to facilitate and identify new product opportunities.
- Support development, testing and introduction of products/features and meet established targets for new products as measured in a manner mutually defined by marketing, engineering and quality.
- Participate in continuous learning and education to keep current with industry and grow knowledge and skills in areas of technology.
- Extensive knowledge of streaming media players and consumer electronics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical users
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and contribute results without extensive oversight
- Must be flexible and comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere where priorities can sometimes change quickly
- Strong work ethic, with willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve results
- 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years applicable experience